The work associated with implementing a Carpool site can be summarised as follows:
- Site setup: creating an instance of the application with IP addresses and URLs
- Site configuration: setting the user preferences, loading regional location data, linking to your graphical elements and CSS and changing the textual content to reflect your own site
- Graphical customisation: doing a graphical makeover that goes beyond substituting images and CSS files
- Functional customisation: adding new functionality to change the way the application works (beyond choosing from existing preference options)
- Implementation tasks: planning and coordinating rollout tasks can be done by Prosentient if required, eg. marketing, road signs, launches, media
- Hosting fee: an annual cost for server, storage management including backups, bandwidth and technical support
Pricing becomes a little complicated if graphical or functional customisation of the application is required.
The Carpool application comes as a generic version from Prosentient. By supplying your own graphic files and CSS stylesheets, the generic application can be personalised with your own branding, look and feel as part of the configuration cost.
There is also an alternative graphical skin that is the copyright of Lismore Council. They are prepared to licence it to other car pools for $5,000.
|Unit of work||Cost
|Site setup - required||Once-off||Prosentient||$2,000|
|Site configuration - required||Once-off||Prosentient||$3,000|
|Graphical customisation - optional||Once-off||
|Functional customisation - optional||Once-off||Prosentient||$1-30,000|
|Implementation tasks - optional||Once-off||Prosentient||Call to
|Hosting fee - required||Annual||Prosentient||$5,000|